Considering a move to Residential VOIP? It could be a good move, especially if you make a lot of phone calls. But make sure Residential VOIP is right for you. Before signing anything, make sure you can say "yes" to at least one of the following:
* I make a lot of long-distance phone calls from home and would like my monthly bills to be lower.
* I don't like paying the taxes that add on costs to my monthly phone bill.
* I run a home-based business and would like to reduce my overheard.
* I want my local number to look like I am calling from a different city or state (I live in Maine, but I want a NYC phone number).
* I want lots of features -- 3-way calling, call waiting, etc. -- and I don't want to pay any extra for them.